Tecs Application

Think you're OFc material? Find out how you can join here.

Moderator: Administrator

Tecs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Tecs Application

- Age - 47
- Area You Live - Bedfordshire (Originally from London)
- Married/Partner - Married
- Children - 2 (Boys 12 & 15)
- How Long Have You Been Gaming - Atari 2600 - Now, so since 1978-ish
- Games Played - CS:GO, Football Manager, POE, DayZ
- Other Interests - Play squash, watch football, driving my kids around (more of a chore than an interest), killing Schlack
- Bit About You - I once called Greg Wallace a "wanky bald greengrocer" when he stood on my foot in a pub
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Tecs Application

We're going to need more information. Just how much are you willing to debase yourself to join?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Tecs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Depends on the level of expectation, who do I use as a yardstick?
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Tecs wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 pm Depends on the level of expectation, who do I use as a yardstick?
Sounds like some needs a week in slartis basement
Tecs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is that a Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy reference?
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Hi Tecs,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your application for becoming a member of OFc! Please note that we consist of a bunch of Old aged decrepit drunks, so things move at a glacial pace here. Please be aware that becoming a member of OFc is for life and not just a passing fad. OFc membership is much more than just playing games on our server once or twice a week, but bonding in real life friendships and enjoying each others company. We try to have annual trips/Meet ups where possible and get together for drinks and laughs. As you are aware, our server is not a normal competitive server and we have a lot of restrictions on scoped weapons and people throwing the bomb away at the start of the round! The bomber dictates the plan of action each round and the rest of the team is expected to follow the plan (No matter how ridiculous the plan) cough cough Schlacks plans. Its about having a laugh and if we win then its a bonus, our aim is for EVERYBODY on the server to have a good time and enjoy themselves. Getting thrashed every round or the same few good players being on the same team every round ruins the enjoyment for those less skilful players, therefore we expect the more skilled players to go on the weaker team. The reason there has been disputes with some regulars is because they play competition style (score whoring). There are plenty of other servers which can be found for those who like competitive Style of play and we also have a few who play most nights around 8pm in competitive battles (Steven,Jade,Karak,MRX).

I mention the above not as an aim at you but just wanted you to be sure you know what you are getting into before joining OFc! Good luck with the application and always look forward to seeing you on friday nights
Tecs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks Yoda, I have played a couple of competitive with the afore mentioned members already and Fridays is and always will be my drinking and CS night. The main reason for the application is, as you know, I have been playing on the server fairly regularly and enjoy the banter and the no need to try hard approach (would still like a scout now and then though ;P) and it reminds me of the golden days of 1.6 community servers, of which I was an active member of with FEAR and SD&CS. I suppose it's like an old man getting his toys out again!

Group gatherings are always a laugh (do you call each other by name or game tag?) and I'm well up for that as long there are pubs involved!

Accepted or not I will remain a regular on the server either way.
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Real names? Does not compute.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Tecs
Newcomer
Newcomer

I went on an old clan mates stag do and, of course, his "other" mates were there, they thought we were talking in code all night - "oi Grimm, whose round is it? I think it's Venom's or Typhoon's!" :lol:
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Craic, communication, team play and banter! The OFc way and reason for survival over all these years. Keep that Friday attitude and you will do just fine! The drink certainly helps in a lot of our cases :lol: ab)

Great to have you on the server mate. Good luck with the application. It always takes time, but when people come a member, they will defend that slow process to the end. It's how we roll.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

MudShark wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:49 pm Real names? Does not compute.
names? i can only recognise half you fuckers by the voice?