Windows 10

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Nemes1s
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Windows 10

Whats everyones thoughts on this who has registered
for there free copy i done it last night
my thoughts are to dl and save on a usb
it says you have upto a year to register it
BATTLE ROYALE
CAN U KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND

wesbot
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Windows 10

Fucking thing keeps wanting to update itself. First it told me to register my interest then it pop up to remind me to upgrade next thing I know the fucking thing is downloading windows 10 in the background and then i go away from my screen, I see a popup saying how would I like to proceed, I close popup and it started "preparing files before install"...

Me and win10 are off to a shaky start :/
jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

I have to say that given what I've been hearing and reading about windows 10, it seems if you use win10 you can kiss goodbye to privacy. Windows reports back to MS even if you turn off such features and MS won't say what it is they're recording about your machine.

Going forward any new updates will be described as 'fix for windows' and no other information is provided. So you won't know if its a true security fix or some enhancement to the spy tools windows now includes.

What has now really pissed me off is this is being rolled back into Windows 7 and 8. I usually let it install all updates but now it seems my win 7 machine may be spying on me after some recent updates. MS won't say what they do so how can I trust them or windows? You may well call me paranoid but I value my privacy and lack of information from MS just fuels my suspicion.

I'm now switching to Linux permanently! I will keep windows for gaming (GTA won't run on linux!) but for browsing and anything other than gaming I'm going Linux. Well done MS, you've just lost a customer! I may go win10 on my gaming pc eventually, my GTA addiction is public knowledge anyway!

http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... ndows-7-8/
Nemes1s
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

This apeared on my facebook feed this be any help http://www.pcgamer.com/use-ultimate-win ... -settings/
BATTLE ROYALE
CAN U KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND

MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

There are some specific updates named in this article...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/09/01 ... a_patches/
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

So the latest dick move on this by MS is if you have automatic updates turned on in win8 or win7 then your machine will download win10 just in case you want to upgrade. Thats a fair few Gb taking space and bandwidth. FFS MS!

If you're on a metered or mobile connection that could very likely take you over the limit. I don't know what MS is playing at and perhaps the majority of users don't care but as a techie myself I prefer to remain in charge of my kit, not let MS do whatever the hell they want.

As per my previous post I'm now on Linux for everything aside from gaming. Mostly everything just works so I don't see myself going back to MS now
!
The single most annoying thing I find with PCs is when your doing something and it decides to go to another window, like during the middle of a game if it drops to desktop to warn you about performance or something. It seems its only going to get worse from here. A PC should only do what I tell it to do, not dictate to me what I need to do at a given moment. Fuck you MS!

Rant over.