New Build

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Dannyf
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

New Build

Hey guys,

So since my desktop broke down a while ago, I've been thinking of building a complete new system. I've done bits and pieces of research and produced the following list (from http://www.hardwareversand.de):
components.png
To those of you with more knowledge, how does that look? I'm reluctant to pay more than €700 for the build (~£550-580) but want something that will hold me over for the next few years. I can salvage a 500 GB HDD, Optical Drive, mouse, keyboard, wireless card, OS, speakers, and monitor from my previous build, so that's why they aren't included in the list. I do imagine I'll update some of those possibly early next year though as well, depending on finances! In particular my monitor is only 1440 x 900 as far as I remember, so hope to get an upgrade for that at some point. Is the GFX card overkill for my current resolution?

Cheers for any comments!
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: New Build

Danny there is no such thing as over kill! Plus if you intend to upgrade your monitor in the future then there is no reason you should not get a better gfx card now. Saying that it all depends on how long before get your new monitor as with most things with tech the longer you leave buying a new gfx the cheaper it will becomes.