Thinking about a Surround System for Movie/Music

Music, Video, Movie, Pics and Funnies in here. Anything not suitable for the workplace MUST contain "NSFW" in the title.

Moderator: Administrator

shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Thinking about a Surround System for Movie/Music

Hey Guys,

somebody here with a good surround system for movie/music? Thinking about a avr and the Bowser & Wilkins MT-50 :)

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

Re: Thinking about a Surround System for Movie/Music

i have an aging home cinema system i built about 12yrs ago i have used it every day since, i just adore it ! ab) some of the best money i have ever spent i have certainly got my moneys worth from it.
if you can afford it go for a Rotel AV amp about the best all rounders money can buy, B&W gear is awsome but very pricey, i have my AV rig connected to just about everything but my HTPC is the main source. my current set up is like this:
Rotel RSX 1065 5.1 AV Amp
Bose 401 main speakers (i want to change these)
Kef 3001 Center
Kef 3001 Surrounds
M&J Accoustics Pro50 Mk2 Sub
QED Silver Anniversary Cabling throughout

mainly powered by a HTPC with an Asus Xonar Essence soundcard, via SPIDF & annalog outputs.

its window looseningly awsome :mrgreen:
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

thank you very much para :) so i'm more sure that i need a new sound system :D
I've heard a lot about KEF, looks like its a good company. I thougt about an Yamaha RX-V675 AVR or Denon X3000. But know I search for the Rostel Devices :)

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

once you have heard a dedicated set up you will wonder how you ever did without it 8) standard stuff is just terrible in comparison, also avoid speaker "packages" and buy individual speakers for that purpose ie: center.
KEF make glorious sounding speakers but are a little pricey. B&W make the best Subs ! when it comes to Amps ime a little out the loop these days but i hear the latest Sony AVR's are awsome value but most of the real AV geeks still use Rotels or Yamaha's as the benchmarks by which others are judged :wink:

TIP: keep an eye on Ebay some of the real geeks change their gear so often they put their old stuff up for grabs and there are some total bargins to be had i picked up a near new M&J Pro Sub for £70 (£600 new!) and you often see high end 2k amps going for 3-500£ 8O
The Fail Cakes are on me !................