Broadband Down!

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Broadband Down!

You will not be seeing much of me or Moose as the ADSL is buggered. First a story...

Last week (15th) I finally caved and moved the phone line to Zen as well as the ADSL which has been with Zen for years. Come Sunday the ADSL suddenly becomes well flakey, about 1/2 the usual blistering speed (1.9megbit/s) and dropping out every 5 minutes. First I borrow a spare router and filter from work because I know what the first question will be - no difference so on the phone to Zen who tell me they can't see any problems with the line. Next day the phone is totally buggered as well - no dial tone, crackly as hell. I update them on this. Tuesday BT call at the house - dunno what happened as I was not there but line is now better but ADSL still on the blink. Wednesday it looks like a giant mole has been let loose on the farm track as there are holes everywhere. Line is worse and dial tone barely audible. Zen assure me BT are on the case but I'm sure it never used to take this long. The price of going to a 3rd party I suppose. Who knows if I will have working ADSL by Friday! ARGH!
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
wesbot
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Broadband Down!

Sheeeeeeeit!

I was going to suggest a new bottle opener (The Gropener) for you too - works one handed! Guess you won't be needing this now eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2geZbY8dWEo
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Broadband Down!

Hold yer hossies - the Gropener may come in handy after all! Broadband fixed (the mole like holes was the BT engineer searching for the joint that had got wet) and now all is well!
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy