PC Upgrade Advice

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: PC Upgrade Advice

dacanadianbomb wrote:On this topic I just popped in a gigabyte Z77-DH3 mainboard with a I5-3570K with 16GB of DDR3-1600 RAMS on a Samsung 840 250GB SSD today and reused my corsair 520W power supply. Got two 12 800rpm fans and something called a Scythe Grand Karma Cross which looks like a fucking V8 engine for a heatsink with a fan mounted on top curling down onto the CPU.Weighs 750grams or so, and requires a mounting system that clinks it into the frikking MB. This shit is huge.But my box is literally whisper quiet.
To resume you have a chopper
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: PC Upgrade Advice

I have the ASUS P8 Z77-V LK. Worth trying to get it over the LX Slarti as it has virtu-MVP and The LK has a few extra features *Display Port, 2xPCIe x16, SLI bridge, 2extra USB 3.0. I have nothing but good words for the board in general.

Make sure you get the low profile ram though, as it needs to tuck under whatever cooler you use.

I Went for the i5 3570K like Dan, and it doesn't miss a beat. Nothing stresses it that is out there. Sits at 4.2ghz on air (Arctic Freezer i30 cooler-Huuuuge but so very cool).