[XPNDBALS] Sessine

For reporting problem players in the servers and appealing if you've been banned unfairly

Moderator: Administrator

sessine
Newcomer
Newcomer

[XPNDBALS] Sessine

From the loaction of this post it is clear that I got banned!

I was on your BFBC2 hardcore server last night and was having much fun and japes when BAM I got banned.

Having read some of the other posts on your forums it seems clear that I must have killed some people too quickly and your autoban mod stuck it to me.

I would like to know if I could get unbanned please so I can play on your server again tonight.

Feel free to check up on my stats. I have never cheated in my life. I used to be in the [RIP] clan (rusty in places), and left them about a year ago with some good friends to act as Ronin under the banner [XPNDBALS]. look slikka777, xIONx, happyturtle, crimsoneagle, thegr33k. we all use mumble for awesome comms and have played together for about 5 years now in bf2, bf2142, bc2, left4deads 1 and 2 and supreme commander 2. We spent a lot of time getting good, and it is galling to be banned for it - i'm sure you will all have felty the same harsh stick of n undeserved ban from someone elses server at some time!

many thanks

sess
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: [XPNDBALS] Sessine

Lol Sessine,

Welcome to the OFc forums. You were indeed the victim of a beta version of an autoban mod. You certainly were not hacking, as I played against you and your comrades last night. I even have your shiny gold tags, along with Happy Turtles hehe :twisted:

An admin will have this reversed very soon, and I hope to see you all on server again.

OFc is a clan where competitive players retire. Our core is Teamplay, communications and craic. We run servers for several games, but Counter Strike was our birthplace. Since the launch of Battlefield we have embraced it and the community. We strive to keep our servers free of cheats, and unfortunately, until we have our mod running perfectly, a few innocents will get banned by mistake in the short term. Please accept our appologies. :)
sessine
Newcomer
Newcomer

Gavac, you are more than welcome to join the masses that have my tags! I remember being most miffed (raging) when you took them as I was about to open up a bumper pack, buy one get 10 free, giggidy sized can of whupass on some of your team who I had snuck up on. Oh well. Next time gadget...

As for happy, great tags to get - be assured he raged most impressively using some particularly funky anglo saxon vernacular.

Good luck getting slikka's - he's a tough git to beat.

I would be most pleased to be unbanned, and look forward to confirmation of this.

Whilst it is sometimes gratifying to play well enough for people to complain, to get banned is properly annoying. There are a lot of servers, but surprisingly few true hardcore (not diet core) servers with good map rotations, decent players, and low pings.

Many thanks for your help.

Say hi to the [XPNDBALS] boys when you see them, they are all lovely lovely people (with a penchant for shooting people in the ass).

Regards

sess
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

unbanned - the anti-hacking plugin is indeed in beta, apologies. At least you've given us a good stream of data to check where the thresholds need adjusting.

Bambam
sessine
Newcomer
Newcomer

Many thanks bambam - say hi to pebbles.

A good stream of data? I'd be kind of interested to know what the stats were that led up to the emotional incident?
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

The plugin is collecting rolling kill-rates with multiple short and longer term thresholds that take into account the weapon used and also headshots, so e.g. a burst of kills with a single explosive doesn't distort the rates unreasonably while a rapid sequence of headshots with a sniper rifle will trigger a ban quickly. It's fair to say the code is working like a charm but the exact thresholds are still being tweaked. We went a couple of weeks without an issue while auto-banning a couple of real blatant hackers but in the past couple of days we got two false positives, you and the guy Visstick.

I could filter our logs and show you whatever awesome killstreak you were on that triggered our plugin, but wouldn't want to make public the rate and duration of that particular threshold so have to decine.

I tested an additional bit of logic today that would automatically surpress the hacker checks when an admin was on the server, which is quite a lot of the time for us, so the plugin only protects the server outside those times. This will be put onto the server shortly.

Bambam
sessine
Newcomer
Newcomer

Sounds good. Technical, but good. Was just on 2 different servers with 2 suspected hackers on each! flicking all over the shop and firing in the air etc. must be a new hack out. weirdos. still can't figure out why they do it.

aaaanyhow...

Thanks again - and will see you soon!

sess
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Hey Sessine, have you guys got a forum?
sessine
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey dude, no we haven't.

we spaff each other with e-mails skype and mumble rather than forums. we leach off Nervous Energy's mumble as they are a jolly nice bunch and take an open source view.

As I said we are a loose association of like minded degenerates using the banner of xpndbals, rather then being an actual clan, hence us not having forums or our own mumble.

Let me know if we can see the battle recording of slikka getting banned - he said he pulled off some proper madshit moves to earn that!

sess
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Lol, you guys are tearing the autoban apart hehe. In truth we are thankful though, as it helps us make the server a better place for the whole BF2 community. Every mistaken ban, just makes us refine the mod.

Feel free to trawl the forums anytime. We don't recruit, and are similarly just a bunch of like minded peeps, who have met over the years. We truly are multi-national. We have been around long enough to have met in person during our "OFc Meets". Hell Joker is coming over from Israel for a blast in London. I've met Flangey from Germany, up here in the Highlands of Scotland and so on..... Real good group of folks. You fall into OFc rather than get recruited. We have had people gaming with us for years before they got sucked into the inner workings of OFc.

Pass on my thanks to Crimson Eagle for his Tags tonight. Slikka is indeed a hard target! Good to have some banter in game too. I personally got raped overall this evening, but it was a pleasure to add to your KD ratios. :twisted:
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

if we can see the battle recording
I'd love to but as mentioned it's better to not spell out exactly what our plugin is looking at to detect hacking behaviour. Essentially I have the data streams from multiple real hackers on the server, in addition to players like Slikka who push the limits, to make a judgement of where the differences are.