Sigh

For reporting problem players in the servers and appealing if you've been banned unfairly

Moderator: Administrator

Tobyy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Sigh

Okay so Fish decided to ban me, god knows why other than the fact I accidentally changed my name to the connect details to a server which happened to be on my clipboard, I changed my name back to normal and got banned.
If you think I was advertising then the IP I had as my name for those 20s was a private, passworded TF2 match server server I was playing on earlier tonight.
CoW| McClane is joining the Terrorist force
*DEAD* [OFc] Yoda : lol pingu u slag
* CoW| McClane changed name to connect 188.165.212.152:27105;
*DEAD* [OFc] Pingu : my arm looks like a dot to dot of craps face, it aint pretty!
* connect 188.165.212.152:27105; changed name to Tobyy (◕◡◕) merc demo
(ADMIN) [OFc] Fish: banned player Tobyy (◕◡◕) merc demo
CoW tag was on because we were having a "oh remember what your name was a year ago" night.
Tobyy

Formerly known as JohnMcClane please don't hate me
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Sigh

we'll confirm what happened and get back to you on here...

Bambam
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Your posting of a server address and the switching of names triggered an immune reaction in the admins that were online at the time, which generally stands us in good stead keeping the OFc server the place where people can depend on good gameplay.

The case has been reviewed and the ban lifted.

We came to the agreement that the actions were innocent, so thanks for posting on here in a sensible manner. Also please be aware there is sensitivity among the admins that we have to act fast to protect the regular players that come to OFc servers. Even though you've been around quite a while, given the history you're currently treated at least in part as a new guy that we don't know well enough to trust implicitly, so the likelihood of an admin shooting first and asking questions later is going to be higher until that confidence factor has improved.

Bambam
Tobyy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks Bambam
Brownie promise not to do it again.
Tobyy

Formerly known as JohnMcClane please don't hate me
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I'm sorry, the minimum acceptable promise in OFc is the Brownie kiss kiss spank spank promise.