Ehh, what should I do?...

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Ehh, what should I do?...

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem, you know on headsets there are two plugs, one pink and one green.
My green one broke last night, and it's still stuck in the green thing on my computer, you know the place you plug it in..
Any ideas on how to get it out?

It's the thing I've marked that broke and is still stuck.

PS. I tried super-glue on a stick but it didn't work.. I actully did try it.. lol
Attachments
headsetplugs.jpg
headsetplugs.jpg (5.68 KiB) Viewed 5423 times
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Re: Ehh, what should I do?...

Hmm, that takes some doing...

If I understand you correct, your plug pin is stuck in your audio out socket of your pc? You should be able to gently "leaver" it free from inside the PC. ( un plug the power first ) There is a small metal clip that the pin of the plug passes, which gently sinks into the pin of the plug to hold it in the socket. You should be able to gently prize these over the pin, and it should become free... However, be careful you dont bend it too hard, otherwise any other plug you put into it wont be held in properly...
1.JPG
1.JPG (21.41 KiB) Viewed 5419 times
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Cheers mate, i'll give it a try! :D
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Most modern mobos have it totally enclosed. Just a black plastic box. So I don't think the above method will work.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

MudShark wrote:Most modern mobos have it totally enclosed. Just a black plastic box. So I don't think the above method will work.

in that case......

"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

wow unlucky...

Maybe if you had a pointy screw the right size you could harpoon the bust end and pull it out.

At least sound cards are cheap cuz worst case you'll be putting in one of those...

Bambam
DeathPony
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

ha - i had this happen to my guitar lead, which disintergrated and got lodged in the input of my amp. I managed to get a tiny screwdriver and pull it out. This might not work seeing as a headset plug is smaller than a guitar lead but i suppose you could give it a try..