Benchmarking Results

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

OK have just finished the benchmark

My PC Spec is the first post on this topic

I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit on this machine

3D Mark Vantage
3DMark Score P8107 3DMarks
CPU Score 26313
Graphics Score 6588

The Benchmark for 3D Mark 06 and 05 are above
Exib 8)
Last edited by Exibit on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
Gavac220

Oc'd my processor to 3.4ghz now (On air and 68deg after 4hrs in prime95).

Not going to take the new ATi 4870 any higher, as if I do, it is for benchmark results only (Runs at 48deg loaded!! Sooo much room for oc' but I must resist!). I can run every game in the market at V.high settings with full AA etc as it is, so time to screw the head back on and enjoy what I have until it is necessary to do an oc' in years to come.

I do love to see what things can do, but I'm not going to post anymore results.

Just a small point. My old 7950GT extreme edition oc' EVGA card got almost 8000 in 3dmark6. Had that for many years, and oc'd it a fair bit toward the end, but it ran Farcry 2 in medium and some high settings at a good frame rate. I intend to get the same value from this card if I can, and hang on to it for a few years. I'm alsways quite proud of what can be achieved on a budget! Got my Q6600 Go at the end of 2007 for just over £100 (god bless e-buyer, although it sells for more now??) at 2.4ghz and my ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP motherboard. I now have the chip at 3.4ghz (Amazing what modern chips can achieve, and reminds me of my mighty Pentium 100 which ran stable at just over 150!! hehe nostalgia moment) and can see it 'doing the job' admirably for sometime to come. My new HD4870 was a snip at £160 shipped, considering it is regarded as one of the best for performance in that sector. I can't afford to always be at the cutting edge, but make careful purchases that keep me capable of running all the top software for many years before 'needing' to make another.

Im a hardware marketing mans nightmare! :twisted:

P.s benchmarking freaks... remember drivers are everything, and quite often the latest driver is optimised for quality, so your 3dmark/Vantage scores can actually fall! This is currently the case with the latest ATi driver set.
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

Im a hardware marketing mans nightmare!
This thread is called BENCHMARK

Good job I love you NUTTER

Exib 8)
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
Gavac220

True, so here goes - Mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, mine is faster than your one, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best make the most of this while it is, as this is the first time in a long time i have had some decent scores, and it will all be downhill from here on in for the next few years till the next upgrade lol.

Love ya Exiby babes, but just to remind ya mine is faster than your one!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

LOL :P
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

This is the first PC I've built so be gentle.
Antec 900
Asus p5q pro Overclocked to 4mhz
E8400
Zalman Ultra Quite
OCZ DDR2 PC9200 2048MB KIT x 2
Gainward GeForce 9800GT 1GB PhysX CUDA Overclocked core 700mhz / memory 1000mhz / shader clock 1750
Akasa cold cathode case light, Blue

3d mark 06 14215 / 14270
Cpu overclocked to 4 mhz runs under 100% load @ 65 degrees
Also have these in the post

Hitachi Deskstar 1TB For storage
OCZ Solid State Disk Core V2 , 30GB for OS and apps ( thanks for the advice doggie)
Any thoughts or commetnt?
Illegitimi non carborundum

Gavac220

Not a bad setup at all Slarti - commendable for a first effort.

Noticing how popular the Asus boards are with us OFc members! Good to see.
Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Bloody hell slarti - You're wiring is neat... Mine aint bad but no where near good enough to have a side window :roll:
Redddraggon
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Mseries3 wrote:Bloody hell slarti - You're wiring is neat... Mine aint bad but no where near good enough to have a side window :roll:
It's 'cus he's ghey...
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Still need to do a bit more cable management . Already drilled a hole in the back plate for cpu power but neeed to drill a larger one beside psu to take the bulk of the cables through .
Got a lot of good ideas from this forum
clink
Illegitimi non carborundum

Gavac220

I tend to have a lot of er... black insulating tape, and a lot of cables. Tend to cut up my own cables to power bits and bobs - used to have a guitar tuner in the front of the case, rigged to do a "Night Riders KIT" style LED slide. Inventive I am, neat I am not!

I get the cables out of the way just enough for airflow reasons as I overclock a lot, but never for cosmetics. Looks good though Slarti.
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

nice machine Slarti. The 8400 overclock to 4Ghz is awesome for value for money. You probably saw this overclock guide that also talks about upping the core voltage:

clicky for 8400 overclock guide

If you've got to 4GHz on the standard volts I'd agree with a decision not to increase the core voltage as your temps are as high as you'd want them to go already. The article linked above has a a good power consumption / temperature page and you can see the figures really start ramping up at high clocks under load.

You should consider the room temperature when you ran the test in case there is any chance the environment will be warmer in the summer - it is a *lot* easier to cool a case surrounded by 15-degree ambient air than 25-degree.

I reckon there is future headroom in your system for a graphics-card upgrade (i.e. the cpu really kicks ass) - the mobo/ram/cpu should outlive the 9800GT. While you have the 9800GT in there you could consider backing off the e8400 to 3.8Ghz (or 3.6Gz) because you'll still have a balanced system and you won't have to worry about bum-fluff accumulating on the fans etc and the heat picking up in the summer. High temps *will* reduce the life of the cpu. For games I'm not sure a 4Ghz e8400 + 9800GT is *really* going to be that much faster than the same system with the cpu clocked back a bit, so you could save pushing it hard until you put the next graphics card in. (That all depends on your screen resolution though - if you're running a low-res screen (1280x1024) it's possible the cpu is bottlenecking your games but then the frame-rate would be very high anyway)

Bambam
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Methinks he got his ideas from here!

Don't ask me the spec, I can't remember.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

lol compare coolers in those two pics.

Bamz
Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Thats more my kinda Wiring Muddy :P