Cant Connect To Server 1 - Auto Kick

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Gavac220

Re: Cant Connect To Server 1 - Auto Kick

Final thought : I do find it considerably co-incidental, that your issues started at the same time the server HD went corrupt. It could be ( unlikely I suppose, but I am looking at all possible scenarios ) that your downloading possibly corrupt custom map files/textures etc, which we as other users have no problems with, since se have already downloaded them to our clients prior to this, and your having issues with those now from the server. Could be nothing, but just worth considering. It might be worth rebuilding a test server from scratch which doesnt take long, to just make sure all our files are 100% ok. As there is not ( to my knowledge ) a method to verify the server files integrity, unlike the client which can be tested.
I could be wrong, but as I have said, just looking at all the options.

IXL
Exibit has pointed out this has happened to him before, with a different hardware setup. It isn't related to the server HDD fault.

The other ideas are good, and it is a slow and exacting process of ruling out one thing at a time. First thing to do is re-install CSS and see if there is still a problem before trying out any other fixes.. It may just run fine after the full system re-install. Try Server1 tonight. If it doesn't work, then It may be a port problem, and this would be my first investigation. Let us know if the problem is still there, then we will cross the next bridge, a step at a time.
I think I may have deleted a file that was causing the auto kick
This may still turn out to be the cause of the more recent issue, and the re-install will prove that correct or otherwise.
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

Ok

I have download and installed CSS, done a file check and de fragged hard drive E

Created a server with 14 Bots set to hard - they kicked my ass

No Freezing or lock up present while in game play

So far so good next step tonight and will report back

Exib 8)
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

Ok update

Ran server one last night, joined the server and I was the only person in, another player joined and I played for 20 mins (the map with the steel horse in the dark room) no problems

Only issue I did have was that I seem to be downloading the mani admin custom sounds everytime the map changes, why is it doing this I have not made any changes to the steam read write folder

Exib 8)
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
thecountcz
Newcomer
Newcomer

there is a console command to stop it i think dude but cant remember what it is
try: http://www.counter-strike.com/commands/mani_mod/
or http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... mmand_List
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

I do want the mani admin sounds installed and I do have the files from HW I can install in the folder I just cant understand why I keeps trying to download them everytime the map changes, do that happen to every one else
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

it happens to me every map change, but i just cant be arsed to fix it ! :oops:
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

You are a heathen and I am a perfectionist :lol: - I want it to stop doing this can anyone help

Exib 8)
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

cl_allow_download 0 disable all downloads. after this u cant download maps from server, but it stops sounds downloads too.

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
^Stueh
Regular
Regular

Another thing cl_allow_uploads 0 as well. Shove that in console if you don't use a custom spray.