The Juggernaut

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

The Juggernaut

I think all of OFc should club together and buy me this as a late Christmas present.
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showt ... p?t=863965
Intel Core i7 975 Extreme
EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI
4x 1GB EVGA GeForce GTX 285 Classified
12GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800
2x 160GB Intel X25-M (RAID0)
2x 1000GB Seagate Barracuda ES.2 (RAID1)
Pioneer BDR-205BK BDR/DVDR/CDR
1500W SilverStone ST1500
Lian Li PC-P80B Armorsuit
30" Dell 3008WFP
64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate

2x Swiftech MCR320-QP Stackable
Swiftech MCR320-QP
2x Koolance RP-1000BK
Swiftech Apogee XT
EK-FB EVGA Classified 4-Way-SLI
4x EK-FC285 GTX Classified
1/2" Koolance fittings
1/2" XSPC tubing
Feser One coolant
Illegitimi non carborundum

Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

Re: The Juggernaut

I will buy you half a mouse mat and half a lager
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Lovely stuff...

Just check : That particular RAM is MASSIVE in size, the heatsinks stick up a lot. Make sure you have clearance for your CPU Heatsink and FAN to sit nicely down on, without it touching the RAM heatsinks. It does vary of course on the layout of the board, but just be aware... or you might have to seek an alternative CPU HS.

Also, with the case, see if the doors can be swapped from hinge end to the other side ( IE Hinges on the right can be swapped to the left side). In my case, a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream, if you place the case on your right, you cant open the front door without it opening towards you.

IXL
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Ye, it's only 9000 dollars!
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

cool but no cigar. With all that poke he could have more screen real-estate.

Bambam
CrAp
Regular
Regular

that guy and you bambam......are a bunch of freaks :D Allthough i would love to have the uberPC.
Gavac220

I hate huge gaps between multiple monitors. I'd prefer a single large monitor that I can divide into multiple desktop environments with software.

This idea below looks interesting, but a 32"-42" LCD/Plasma can still be great fun. Always tested my new Arma2 maps on my 42" Panasonic Plasma over the years. Looked amazing, but not ideal for gaming in CS etc though. I find a 24" monitor the best compromise, as any bigger, you are loosing reaction times by scanning too large an area.

The Juggernaut is an extreme project though! A bit pointless, but drool worthy! :mrgreen:
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

actually in the image I posted the guy got it wrong. The two outside monitors best overlap with the middle one so you only have a single bezel width between the screens. If you look from the side or above then the staggered screens would look a bit wierd but seated right in front you have no problems so long as the screens are big enough that they're not too close - that's the way I play with 3x20" 3:4 1600x1200 displays.

I think this would work best with a widescreen centre monitor which would push the bezels further apart - a 28" 1920x1200 widescreen would be the right size to have my 20" 4:3 screens either side of it...

Bamzors