BFBC2

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

CrAp
Regular
Regular

BFBC2

hello there,

I just bought BFBC2 and it seems I cant get any servers into my serverslist, I cant join friends when there on a server aswell.
It says: Failed to connect to EA online, please try again.
Ive did some search over the internet and mailed EA about my problem. EA responded by giving me TCP and UDP from the game. But I put these in my router and still no servers.
On the internet many people have the problem, all with the same problem. They cant find any servers and cant connect to the servers (no, the servers arnt full yet).
Some people say they can connect after a long periode of trying, ive had a connection in the beginning and played about 15 mins. But now....nothing.
Im beginning to feel lots of sorry for purchasing this game.
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: BFBC2

What OS are you running Crappy? I've seen a lot of threads about running the game as adminstrator under vista or win 7 to access the server list.
"If you’re running Vista or Windows 7. Copy the BFBC2 Updater shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and go to properties. There should be a box that says Run as Administrator. Check the box and use that shortcut to launch your game. This should take care of most connectivity issues with Vista and Windows 7."
Some links on the issue , workarounds that worked for some and not for others.

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/65814 ... nnect.html

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/65807 ... round.html

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1187947
Illegitimi non carborundum

CrAp
Regular
Regular

nope no respond,

tried what you said slart,didnt work.same problem.
al on the links,tried them aswell, again because ive tried them before allready. No reaction. Same problem.
CrAp
Regular
Regular

its fixed
Nemes1s
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Nice one crap as soon as u get a couple hours play out it ul forgive it everthing lol would say id jion u for a game the night but got boxing and the pacific starts on sky movies the night hav to watch that
BATTLE ROYALE
CAN U KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND

CrAp
Regular
Regular

been in a few hours and it hasnt been forgiven, actually a very frustrating game,dont feel relaxed atall.
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Its quite a steep learning curve for anyone that hasn't played bf2.
Add to that the fact that you were in teamspeak with 3 people all shouting shit you didn't know about doesn't make for a good experience.

My advice is to jump in a few servers on your own , try the different classes and they weapons /gadgets they have to see what suits you best ( I started out as medic , after 1 level you get the medic box which is good for getting points for unlocks) without people shouting at you to go to A B or C.

Theres plenty of video guides on you tube , some info on maps vehicles and weapons here http://www.ultimateprestige.com/
Or you can just ask any OFc member who will only be too happy to show you their superior knowledge.
Illegitimi non carborundum

IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Slartibartfast wrote:My advice is to jump in a few servers on your own , try the different classes and they weapons /gadgets
Slarty is right. Crap, if you want, perhaps tomorrow or one night this week when your free, bump me in friends and we will jump on an empty server and I'll happily talk you all through the basics if you want to. It does take a while, even for those not new to the EA Battlefield games, so give it time and the rewards and fun will come in bucket loads.

Let me know anyway.

IXL

PS, how did you solve your problem, others here might like to know incase they have the same issue?
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

im home tomorrow too,

am studying but will need a break.

an hour or so pissing about on an empty server should be fun.

I look forward to educating you crappie
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Quazerk
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Hi, can anyone friend me Quazerk , as I am rubbish at it so far....2 hours play ( when I can finally get on a server with space) and I am still on the first rank and a kill ratio of 0.4..help is needed..

cheers
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Quazerk wrote:Hi, can anyone friend me Quazerk , as I am rubbish at it so far....2 hours play ( when I can finally get on a server with space) and I am still on the first rank and a kill ratio of 0.4..help is needed..

cheers
wHEN ya 'll see im online, send me a message and i ll add ya as BFBC2 friend.