Gaming mouse

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Redddraggon
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Gaming mouse

I did have a MS (Razor) Habu until it pops it's clogs, and have been using a cheapo Razor Salmosa for the past 8months but it doesn't have many buttons.

So what do people recommend for up to £40?
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

Re: Gaming mouse

I was using the Razer Diamondback and did for a couple of years am now using the Logitech G9 and I must say I love it read below
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_ ... 3&cl=nz,en
£63.43
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Logitech ... se-5000dpi
Only gamers can understand the need for a good mouse. Most people can settle for whatever falls out the box with their PC, but we know those are no good. We know that to get gaming perfection, you need something that's fast, accurate, smooth and adaptable. Whether you're playing Team Fortress 2 and switching between classes or playing a traditional deathmatch shooter like Unreal Tournament 3, you need to know your mouse can adapt to your needs.

And, for a long time, Logitech's G5 was just such a mouse. Beautifully crafted and balanced, it has long been a favourite in the gaming fraternity and stood as an example of what a gaming mouse ought to be like. However, all good things have their time and given that we first reviewed the G5 as long ago as October 2005, a successor has been long in offing. Today should prove cause celebration then, because we're looking at that successor, the eagerly awaited Logitech G9 Laser Mouse.

Immediately it's obvious that the G9 is quite a departure from the G5. Unlike that and the disappointing Microsoft SideWinder, it's shorter and far more compact. But this isn't the real talking point, it's the use of two interchangeable grips, a 'wide load' grip and a 'precision' grip
Initially, we were somewhat sceptical about this idea, but in reality it makes perfect sense. We've written before about the problems of people's differing grips, with some preferring to hold the mouse in their palm and others with their fingertips. With a typical design certain mice just favour one technique over the other, but the choice of grips with the G9 solves this problem.

Take the wide load grip, which as the name suggests is slightly wider and larger. This is moulded perfectly for those who like to grip the mouse with their whole hand, with a slightly exaggerated rear end to help support the palm and a softer touch to make prolonged use comfortable. Conversely, the smaller Precision grip is ideally suited to fingertip gamers, with the more tactile texture providing a more confident control over the mouse.
Exib 8)
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night
MAD-Miles
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

exactly the same mouse i use exi - highly reccomend it!
Redddraggon
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Ordered a G500, don't really like square mice
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Haha, that's some high-tech mouses, I'm using this one.
Good old HP laser :D
Attachments
hp-usb-2-button-laser-mouse-gw405at.jpg
hp-usb-2-button-laser-mouse-gw405at.jpg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 8163 times
Ftang
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

ooo useful post I'm looking for a new mouse as mine has just gone a little weird, the side buttons work intermittently and the scroll wheel randomly decides which way it's going to scroll with each tick. Think I'll give that there fancy looking G9 a try
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Razer Lachesis can be had for £46 inc. delivery. I have it in red. Nice mouse, goes up to 4000dpi and its ambidextrous. (Important for me as I'm the sinister type)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ01-0017 ... B000X8G0CG

Probably could find it cheaper if you search.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

i am using a Razer Deathadder, probably the most comfortable mouse i have tried to date the buttons are just spot on ! reccomended !
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

I have been using a logitech Mx510 for the past 4 years and have just ordered an Mx518 for £26

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =KB-060-LG

I also ordered a new headset like the one Gavac uses for £24

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =SP-004-PT
JazzyJay
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Hah, you with your high tech mice.

I have this:

Except it does not have extra buttons on the side :) It's not even laser or wireless.

JJ
> ... so you found a deal seal and it was wearing a penoir?!
>> That's ludicrous, we put the penoir on it.
Redddraggon
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

JazzyJay wrote:Hah, you with your high tech mice.

I have this:

Except it does not have extra buttons on the side :) It's not even laser or wireless.

JJ
I use the one you describe with my laptop in the office. However that will now be replaced with a Razer Salmosa now I have the logitech.
CrAp
Regular
Regular

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gamin ... px?pid=100
Microsoft sidewinder, i have the old version. He goes up to 2000dpi and the latest version goes up to 4000dpi but it costs alot.