Unlimited Detail Technology

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Unlimited Detail Technology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ATtrIm ... r_embedded

my bullshit detectors are quivering....

anyone know anything about this?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Re: Unlimited Detail Technology

Great post mate.

Sounds like the sort of the Lloyd Grosman of IT.

I did understand all of it tho and it made it very interesting. Its certainly "out of the box" thinking and I commend that.

I have a different vision myself, instead of trying to make 2D into 3D by using software/hardware, there will become a time when objects are created 3D with actual texture in teh first instance. Might take 50 years to develop, but im looking ahead ;)
JazzyJay
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Unlimited Detail Technology

Plausible. However I fear that they are only at the beginning. As vast majority of the game industry is based on polygons, there is a certain resistance. Also, latest software supports many features - lighting effects etc. that are limited to polygon apps (perhaps), therefore Unlimited detail have to re-invent all of it using their software? He did mention that they have found ways how to deal with light etc. but there is so much to do...

I remember Kyro graphics cards were meant to be the the hot thing - they only rendered what can be seen by the player. Don't know whether this has been adapted by the competition in any way.

JJ
> ... so you found a deal seal and it was wearing a penoir?!
>> That's ludicrous, we put the penoir on it.