Steam games resetting router

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Ftang
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Steam games resetting router

Last night I tried to join a game of L4D2. The game started up fine, got to the friends list clicked join game and, for no apparent reason my router reset. Once it was back up I tried again and the same thing happened...

I remember a few weeks ago the same thing was happening to No Fear when he was trying to join Grid so I'm guessing it's related to Steam (assuming No Fear has Grid on steam)

I have a Thompson Speedtouch 585 and, if I remember correctly, fear has a BT home hub?

Only thing I could think to do was check that the right ports were open and as far as I can tell they are.

Anyone any idea what could cause this and how to fix it?

Cheers
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Ftang
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Steam games resetting router

Cheers Gav will have a look when I get home :)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Ftang
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I think (finger crossed) I've fixed it...

there were some ports missing after all

Cheers for you help Gav it was very, for lack of a better word, helpfull!
Gavac220

Glad to hear you are back in business.

See the post on an L4D2 versus match 2moro if ya can. Your due a game :)