Need your brains please :D

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

^Stueh
Regular
Regular

Need your brains please :D

Recently i updated my wireless updater on my main pc from a wireless b/g to a wireless b/g/n adapter. So in theory, everything should just work dandy...

Installed the new adapter but now i get random lag spikes every couple of mins... can be quiet annoying *throws flash, wait maybe not, im dead now* that kinda thing. Just finished removing ALL the odd files that i can find for my old device (the uninstall was a bit crud)

Nothing obvious in the event viewer that i can see.. The only thing that has changed is the adapter! Tried changing the wireless frequency to chan 13 to no avail...

*wired isnt an option*

Any ideas?
^Stueh
Regular
Regular

Re: Need your brains please :D

Dw fixed it :)

Tried a lot of different things and now it works properly again.
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Need your brains please :D

lol classic. I reckon this was to do with a default where windows actually resets the wireless device every two minutes so that it re-negotiates for a wireless connection, I guess to give the max error recovery, but it causes lag spikes in gaming. There are posts all over the web about that (and I had it a long time ago...)

Bamz